The work of ICPEN focuses around specific initiatives, which aim to implement the Network’s strategic objectives to:
- Generate and share information and intelligence on consumer protection issues.
- Share best practice in legislative and enforcement approaches to consumer protection.
- Take action to combat cross-border breaches of consumer protection laws.
- Identify and promote measures for effective consumer protection enforcement.
- Promote and encourage wider participation, coordinated work, communication and cooperation with other consumer protection enforcement organisations.
- Facilitate cross-border remedies.
ICPEN has five enduring initiatives that contribute to achieving its strategic objectives:
1. Fraud Prevention Month
2. International Internet Sweep Day
4. Consumer Education Awards
5. Industry guidance