Turkey - Consumer related news
- On 24 September 2009, Ismail KALENDER was assigned as the General Director of the DG for Protection of Consumer and Competition.
- The total staff number of the DG for Protection of Consumer and Competition has reached 116 persons with the new employment of expert and controller assistants at the end of 2009.
- In January 2010, 7.000 copies of a newly prepared 48-pages guideline for consumers that includes thir basic right, explains alternative dispute resolution methods in Turkey, gives general tips for shopping and tells MUST-TO-DOs for some specific consumer transactions, such as e-commerce, consumer credits, mortgage credits, etc were publish in Turkish. It is also published on the webportal www.turketici.gov.tr.
- In Spring 2010, the Annual Consumer Council will be organized and the Annual Consumer Awards will be announced.
- In late 2010, the adoption of a new Act that includes amendments on Consumer Act no. 4077 will be expected.
- The supervision program of 2010 has been decided, and the controllers have started the supervisions.